Are you looking for a new way to style your natural hair? Well look no more! The Curl Wand is a fun way to change your look for a date night, a special occasion, or just because you want to try something now. You can go out and buy a fancy curl wand and glove, but if you’re on a budget you can remove the clip from your curling iron (that we naturals no longer use) to create a curling wand.
Curling Wand TIPS!
- The closer to the root you start the curl, the longer your curl will last.
- For fine, thin, or color-treated hair, set the heat below 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and between 200-300 degrees for coarse, thick hair.
- When using a curling wand, turning it upside-down allows you to start curling your roots on the larger end of the wand.
- For shorter hair try using a small-barreled iron facing downward.
- Slide your hair off the wand/out of the clip into your hand to allow the curl to cool before dropping.
- For tighter curls, a small-barreled iron is your best bet. For looser waves, try a large-barreled iron.
Curl Wand Tutorials for Medium Length Natural Hair
Curl Wand Tutorials for Long Natural Hair